Training and Education
Volunteers play an important role at Center for Hospice Care. Preparing our volunteers for service is vitally important for our patients and our volunteers. We will make sure our volunteers are well equipped by educating on the following:
- Hospice and palliative care philosophy and concepts
- Physiological and psychological aspects of serious illnesses
- Family dynamics and coping
- Communication and listening skills
- Emergency procedures
- Practical care-giving techniques
- Grief and bereavement
- And more!
We understand the demanding schedules of our volunteers and have devised classroom and online training options to accomodate the busiest of people.
For more questions, please email email@example.com or call Kristiana Donahue at 574-286-1198.